111

Saturday 28 March 2020

What are useful associate's degrees? Something that will get you an entry level position immediately?  

What are useful associate's degrees? Something that will get you an entry level position immediately?  

answers 0:Yesterday I asked a question on here about getting a Associates degree after graduating with a BA. My BA will probably be useless once I graduate this year, it is in US Studies. I chose this major because I needed to choose a major to continue taking courses and this major basically allowed me to choose what courses I wanted to take. Since I didn't have any idea (and still don't) about what I want to do for a career I figured this was a good choice because it would allow me to take courses I was interested in and in a variety of subjects. Now I realize I am ill prepared for the real job world. I've developed skills in written/verbal communication and critical/analytically thinking which are useful skills for any job, but they haven't prep! ared me for anything. I don't want to jump into grad school because I don't know what I want to do or what field I want to go into. And I am worried with my degree I won't find a decent enough job to pay my school loans and other bills.So I am thinking about (after graduation) taking the highest paying job I am offered and then going to community college online or at night/weekends to get an associates degree in something like Dental Hygienist, Sonographer, Radiation Technician, etc something that teaches a skill quickly (I probably won't have to go for two years because I will have all the general education requirements from my BA) and will get me a decent paying job until I figure out what I want to go to grad school for. Maybe even just a certification instead of an Associates degree.Basically my question is what would be a good choice to get a degree in. I am interested in something medical but it doesn't have to be. I don't plan on this being my life long career (unles! s I end up loving it, which would be great!)....Show moreanswe! rs 1:I think you are on the right track with the medical fields. When you take your classes at the community college, you get hands-on experience and often get connected with professionals working in that field who can help you network for jobs later. I say pick the area of the medical field that you think you will enjoy the most.In terms of your current degree, even though it is in U.S. studies, there are a lot of jobs you can get with any bachelor's degree so see what is out there. I think your plan to take the best job you can get now to help pay for more school is a good plan. Definitely do not go to graduate school until you absolutely know what you want to do. Give yourself time to find the right major and field for you....

No comments:

Post a Comment