111

Friday 21 February 2020

Are the magnetic poetry kits going out of style?

Robt Betker: I am a pilgrim in the music world. I am a new arrival. Where once there was merely grass, now there will be civilization. I'll go beyond making biscuits for my cats and letting my husband do all the outdoor work. I'll raise a yellow flag in a sea of red. I will give pennies to the poor. I will write beautiful lyrics with refrigerator magnets...

Rosalba Lingner: I've never heard of them.

Alisa Kaleiwahea: Yeah, I would say the fad has died out quite a bit. I always thought they were just a conversation piece to laugh over every now and then. Nothing awe inspiring ever came from it.

Ha Wolski: YES they have been out of style

Elvin Mannheimer: idk

Lon Pennington: Perhaps the traditional ones, but my friends always rearrange the words from a magnetic poetry kit I bought from The Onion's online store. You can make hilarious fake news headlines that are relevant to current world events.

Raul Tllo: That sounds interesting- what ! is a magnetic poetry kit?

Eulah Hugill: I've never had a set of those but I've seen a bunch of them at Borders whenever I go there. In fact, there's always a whole bunch of them, either there's a huge backstock of those poetry kits or no one buys those, I'm not sure.

Andre Winegar: We go through phases and fads over the years but words and expressing ourselves never goes out of style. I never made great poetry but great communication was gained with my children because it can become an addictive game for the family! I like using words from magazines and making my own words this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment