111

Friday 17 July 2020

Are dental assistants self-employed?  

Are dental assistants self-employed?  

answers 0:Hi, I am a dental assistant, I work in a dental office for 4 different dentists, so far I have been paid by hours regardless of how many patients I have during the day, say, if a patient cancels I still get paid for it, but now my boss does not want to pay me if the patient cancels, please note that I still have to be at the office because I have more patients booked later in the day, I always thought dental hygienists got paid by patient because they are considered to be self-employed but not dental assistants. I am right?, Thanks in advance....Show moreanswers 1:Some hygienists get paid a percentage of their work--so no patient=no pay.never heard of a dental assistant like that. Don't stand for that.answers 2:NO, dental assistants cannot be self employed but it is illegal for an employer to not pay you when there are no patients and expect you to be in the office! . As long as you are required to remain in the office you must be paid. You may want to check with the labor board about that.answers 3:I have never heard of such a thing in the dental field. Hygienists will keep themselves busy and sometimes clock out but never an assistant. Hygienists aren't self employed, they do receive bonuses and commission sometimes, though. An employer will get away with what they can. It's ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment