111

Tuesday 4 August 2020

Equestrian fitness advice?

Bethany Blocker: I find that caring for horses (I have six that I have sole care of, no help) keeps me pretty strong, even stronger than riding. Cleaning stalls, carrying hay, sacks of grain, buckets of water, and so on really work out most of your muscle.What I add as a workout is cardio. I find if l don't do that, I run out of breath when I'm riding hard (I event). So I ride an exercise bike every morning, doing a cardio workout.Diet wise... I've found the best is a low calorie, low fat, mediterranean type diet. Good fats like olive oil and avocado, good protein like fish and chicken, lots of veggies, lots of fiber. Water, not soda, no tobacco or alcohol. I am, unfortunately, addicted to caffeine.It'll sound strange, but I recommend cardio for equestrians. The best way to train your muscles for riding is to actually ride, but it's much harder to get the cardio going before you've trained the muscles. If you want to add exercises anyway, then I recommend core st! rengthening....Show more

Venetta Coulbourne: Riding is what keeps me in shape the best; it's made my legs really strong (which is why I'm good in high jump despite me being vertically challenged XD) and sitting trot is as good an ab workout as I've ever had.Apart from riding, I take a weekly dance class, in which we also do ab work, cardio and that sort of thing. The flexibility aspect of dance also really helps my riding, I think. It's also a ton of fun, I might add! Play around with different fitness activities and I'm sure you'll find one you really enjoy ;) Good luck!...Show more

Tereasa Sorensen: well, it depends on how much riding your doing, what type and what level. Of course, everyone who rides should be fit enough to look after themselves and thier mount when riding.I workout 1-2 times per week through the Nike Fitness Training Club app on my phone, each workout is from 30 mins - 1 hour long, and focuses on getting lean, getting toned and getting stron! g. I do mainly lean ones as it focuses alot on core strength w! hich is a main muscle when riding and for getting that sit trot perfected. I drink alot of water, well everybody should anyway, but its the worst thing when your riding and are really thirsty. I also keep to a high protein diet to keep lean but build correct muscle just like my horses :D...Show more

Marjory Stromme: Aside from horse riding I do pilates, yoga, bellydancing and hooping, in addition to HIITS (High Intensity Interval Training) at home to music. The HIITS are mostly to keep my body in shape, everything else I find helps greatly with the riding. Everything I do (apart from the HIITS which I hate doing but keep me slender) is done for the pleasure of it, not specifically to enhance my riding but because everything I do focuses on a strong core and the importance of it, I find it very helpful to my riding because of course a strong core is essential to a rider. The pilates and yoga also help with balance and general muscle tone and strength so they are very u! seful too. :)Dietwise, I keep a vegan diet and I eat mostly raw, but that is pretty much unconnected to my riding.As for a "recommended fitness plan", I only every do what I enjoy (bar the HIITS) because I find it easier to stick to a plan I enjoy. If you can get into pilates, yoga or any other activities which develop a strong core and balance (martial arts are good for this too) I would definitely recommend these though. There is a good book on specific exercises for riders: http://www.amazon.com/The-Riders-Fitness-Program-S... if you are a gym bunny, these will be very helpful....Show more

Jamika Gregorio: Exercising for safer riding is much like exercising for a total body builder along with building muscle in the upper body you need lower body strength along with stamina and heart strength. As for my diet I eat lots of fish, chicken, beef about once a week and pork about once a week but everything I eat is low sodium so I do not retain water, at almost 68 years o! ld I have very little body fat, no spare tire and my cardio function is! getting much better since my Triple Bypass last year....Show more

Derrick Smsith: It's fairly no longer a lot in regards to the age of the man or woman as it's their ability to be in contact and handle horses. This is a younger horse and sounds like he is not well expert. It's likely he would ought to have a normal groundwork put on him and from what you may have mentioned, he is most of the time no longer the horse for you at this time. Once more, it's not about how lengthy you've gotten been driving. Commencing a younger green horse is more than difficult. It may be harmful. My statements are just normal founded on what you could have said. Opening horses requires any individual with developed capabilities and horse handling capability. When someone says "wishes confident rider or horse might be in cost" that could be a moronic statement that tells me the horse will not be proficient. You will have to no longer take a risk on this one. Just a concept from what was ! once stated here....Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment